We all hate the “I know I’m forgetting something” feeling. Yet the thought comes creeping back into our minds during most trips. This is where a packing list comes in handy.
Since “this world is not our home, we are just passing through,” let’s make sure we are properly prepared for our journey to heaven. For this reason, here is an everyday spiritual packing list:
- Shoes – To help us stand up for what is right (1 Corinthians 15:58; Ephesians 6:13)
- Nice Clothes – To ensure we present ourselves well to others (1 Peter 2:11-12; Colossians 4:5).
- Watch – To remind us our time here is limited (Matthew 24:42).
- Phone – To stay in contact with the most important person in the universe (Philippians 4:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Glasses – To clearly see the world for the sinful and temporary place it is (1 John 2:15-17).
- Blinders – To keep us focused on what is good, and block out what is not (Philippians 4:8).
- Umbrella – To keep us more comfortable on life’s rainy days (2 Corinthians 1:3-7).
- Mirror – To help fix flaws we see in ourselves (James 1:22-25).
- Toothbrush – To ensure clean speech (Colossians 4:6; James 3:1-12).
- Deodorant and Cologne/Perfume – To ensure we are a sweet fragrance of Christ to those who do not know God (2 Corinthians 2:15-16).
- Vitamins – To keep us healthy (Deuteronomy 5:33).
- Compass – To keep us traveling in the right direction (2 Peter 1:3).
- GPS – To navigate through life’s roadblocks and obstacles (Psalm 119:105; Jeremiah 10:23).
- Sword – To slay false doctrine (Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Armor – To protect us from the Devil’s attacks (Ephesians 6:10-18).
- Seeds – To place into the hearts of the unbelieving (Matthew 13:1-23).
Are you forgetting anything in your spiritual bag? Make sure to pack well!