A rich man was determined to give his mother the best birthday present that year. He wanted it to stand out above all other family and friends. He read of a bird that had a vocabulary of 4000 words, could be taught to say works in numerous languages, and even sing opera. He immediately bought the bird for $50,000 and had it delivered to his mother. The next day he called to see if she had received the bird. “What did you think of the bird?” he asked. She replied, “It was delicious!” (SermonIllustrations.com).
What a waste when something isn’t used to it’s full potential. God has given us blessings that are impossible to capture with a price. How tragic it is when we don’t use them to their full potential.
– We’ve been given access to God’s throne through prayer (Hebrews 10:19-22).
– We’ve been given God’s inspired word to study and learn from (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
– We are living in a culture where we can worship God without the fear of persecution.
– We live in a country were we don’t have to worry about imprisonment and severe persecution when we tell others about Jesus.
– We have the option to have forgiveness from our sins through baptism (Acts 2:38).
– We have the option to receive mercy when we obey the Lord (Ephesians 2:4-5).
– We have the option to receive redemption when we are obedient (Ephesians 1:7).
– We can ultimately receive the crown of life when we stay faithful (Revelation 2:10).
God’s gifts are priceless. What a waste it would be to have access to these great gifts and never use them to their full extent. God has truly blessed us. Let’s make sure we use, appreciate, and praise the Lord for these wonderful gifts.