We all hate the “I know I’m forgetting something” feeling. Yet it comes back up at almost every vacation and trip. This is where a packing list comes in handy.
We may not realize it, but we take a mini trip every day. When we wake up, we have to travel through the influences of our world and culture. Too often Christians have inadequately packed for this trip. For this reason, here is an everyday spiritual packing list:
- Shoes – To help us stand up for what is right (1 Corinthians 15:58; Ephesians 6:13)
- Nice Clothes – To ensure we present ourselves well to others (1 Peter 2:11-12; Colossians 4:5).
- Watch – To remind us our time here is limited (Matthew 24:42).
- Phone – To stay in contact with the most important person in the universe (Philippians 4:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Glasses – To clearly see the world for the sinful and temporary place it is (1 John 2:15-17).
- Blinders – To keep us focused on what is good, and block out what is not (Philippians 4:8).
- Umbrella – To keep us more comfortable on life’s rainy days (2 Corinthians 1:3-7).
- Mirror – To help fix flaws we see in ourselves (James 1:22-25).
- Toothbrush – To ensure clean speech (Colossians 4:6; James 3:1-12).
- Deodorant and Cologne/Perfume – To ensure we are a sweet fragrance of Christ to those who do not know God (2 Corinthians 2:15-16).
- Vitamins – To keep us healthy (Deuteronomy 5:33).
- Compass – To keep us traveling in the right direction (2 Peter 1:3).
- GPS – To navigate through life’s roadblocks and obstacles (Psalm 119:105; Jeremiah 10:23).
- Sword – To slay false doctrine (Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- Armor – To protect us from the Devil’s attacks (Ephesians 6:10-18).
- Seeds – To place into the hearts of the unbelieving (Matthew 13:1-23).
Navigating through this life can be hard. Let’s make sure we pack well!