We have all had those times when we looked in the mirror and been unimpressed with what we saw. So, here are some simple tips to become much healthier and better looking.
- Want to lose weight? Cast all your heavy cares and worries on the Lord (1 Peter 5:7; Matthew 11:28-30).
- Want to exercise more? Get up every day to “walk in the light” and run the spiritual race (1 John 1:7; Hebrews 12:1).
- Want to become strong? Then become strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might (Ephesians 6:10)
- Want beautiful lips? Speak words of encouragement, kindness, and good (Hebrews 3:13; Ephesians 4:29; Proverbs 15:4).
- Want gorgeous eyes? Look out for the interests of others, not just yourself (Philippians 2:4).
- Want to improve your vision? Focus on the things that are eternal, not the things that are physical (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).
- Want to hear better? Listen to the words of Christ and act on them (Romans 10:17; Matthew 7:24-27).
- Want great hands? Consistently lift up holy hands to the Lord in prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17; 1 Timothy 2:8).
- Want nice looking feet? Use them to bring the good news of Christ to others (Romans 10:15).
- Want the most fashionable clothes? Clothe yourself with Christ through baptism (Galatians 3:27).
- Want to smell amazingly good? Then become a “sweet aroma” and a “fragrance of Christ” to God and to others (2 Corinthians 2:15-16).
TRUE beauty in this life has very little to do with physical looks and everything to do with our spiritual appearance to God. Don’t focus so much on the outward appearance, but instead on inward beauty (Matthew 23:27). After all, “Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain…” (Proverbs 31:30). Let’s remember, “…God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7).